Short answer: before it’s too late!
If things are basically good—but you know they could be better—you’re ready for a coach.
Many people work with a coach because they know they’re ready for more and want to reach full potential as soon as possible. Bob Nardelli, CEO of Home Depot said, “I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum capabilities.”
When should you find a coach?
Here are some clues:
- You feel bogged down by all the things you have to do—as opposed to things you want to do.
- You sense that being more accountable to follow through would help you achieve your ambitions and aspirations.
- You want to benefit from having clear goals that reflect what’s truly important to you.
- You feel stressed and unfocused—like there’s something holding you back from a more successful life.
- You have a difficult time balancing work, family, friends, health, etc.
- You want the satisfaction of being able to draw on your greatest gifts, talents, and interests.
- You welcome challenges as opportunities and have a fierce desire to learn and grow.
What are some things a coach can help you do?
- Create a safe environment in which you can see yourself, your productivity, and potential more clearly.
- Identify productivity gaps between where you are and where you need or want to be.
- Motivate more intentional thought, action, and behavior changes than you would ask from yourself without being coached.
- Tutor the understanding and use of productivity-enhancing tools for personal and professional life.
- Guide the building of the structure, accountability, and support necessary to ensure sustained commitment.
Where do you start?
Start here. PlanPlus Online is staffed with productivity consultants. We help customers connect productivity with purpose and make their lives and their businesses more organized, successful, and more meaningful. How can we help you?