SEO or search engine optimization is the science and art of getting your website discovered, analyzed, indexed and then ranked on the search engines.Could your business survive long without customers? What would happen if your customers were unable to find your address or your phone number? The same is true if they can’t find your business on the Internet.
SEO or search engine optimization is the science and art of getting your website discovered, analyzed, indexed and then ranked on the search engines. Could your business survive long without customers? What would happen if your customers were unable to find your address or your phone number? The same is true if they can’t find your business on the Internet.
Why should you use SEO?
- Targeted Prospects: Search is pull marketing. People use search engines to find what they need. If your web page matches their search, they may well become your next customer.
- More Credible: People trust the natural search results more than paid advertisements. According to a Penn State study, searchers are 4X more likely to click on the natural search results over the paid listings.
- Lower Costs: While you may pay to have your web pages optimized, there are no payments made every time someone clicks on your listing. Paid search can be quite costly, especially for high volume, low intent phrases.
- Long Term: Once you obtain top positions through a SEO campaign, it is relatively easy to maintain it with only modest costs. Compare this with PPC (Pay per Click) where you need to continue paying for every click through.
- Measurable: Results are easily measurable using analytics. You are able to measure traffic, which keywords brought in visitors and even which ones brought in buyers.
People search on the web to answer a question or solve some need. A visitor will arrive to your website and look around to see if your website will answer their question. If they don’t see what they are seeking, they will just leave.
You will want visitors to arrive and then take action. This could be to sign-up, join, call or buy now. Place your primary call to action where it can be easily seen and above the fold. It needs to be highly visible to arriving visitors.
Your website needs to communicate your message in the first few seconds. Your unique selling proposition and your opt-in forms need to be easily seen without scrolling down.
To start an SEO campaign, look at the website. If you drive enough good, quality traffic to it, will it convert that traffic into results? Effective SEO also uses CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization). You have to do both if you want to improve your bottom line.
This article was provided by Doug Williams